Thursday, April 12, 2007

Drive Thru - 1 Burger, a shake and your greencard!



So I cruise through the drive-thru this morning to get some McD's coffee. You know, it's hard enough to understand these people through those horrible speakers but this particular place was staffed with some sort of Hispanic. Far be it for me to deny anybody employment but when you are dealing and speaking directly with the public I would think you need to have the capacity to clearly speak English. I had no idea what this broad was asking. I asked her to repeat herself three times to no avail. I finally replied "no" to whatever the hell she was asking. Naturally, my coffee came out wrong. Is it too much to ask that people in a customer service position be able to handle the English language without butchering it like Andrei Chikatilo and one of his victims? I went to Burger King one time and the woman behind the counter had open sores on her skin and enough hair on her arms to make a cryptozoologist look twice. Let's tweak our screening process Mr. Fast Food Chain Manager. Is it that hard to get 'norms' to work there? That is all.

No comments: