Friday, April 6, 2007

Apologies Apologies

Hehe, Kramer.

So I'm watching NBC News at 5:16 AM which is right now when I see a story about Don Imus from the radio show Imus in the morning. Apparently he was trying to be funny and was talking about the Rutgers U girls basketball team, and he said something like "They're rough, they've got lots of tattoos, they are some nappy-headed ho's." Now lots of people are pretty pissed off, which I suppose is understandable. Then I saw a poll on NBC news asking should he be reprimanded Yes or No, etc, etc. That is what reminded me how much I hate when someone like Mel Gibson, Michael Richards, that black guy from Grey's Anatomy and others say something some people may find distasteful and therefore either have to apologize, go into anger management classes, rehab, or otherwise. This bugs me more than anything you could possibly imagine, and why is that do you ask? Because it seems that the only people who ever have to apologize are those who offend a special interest group or minority group in this country.


You see, apparently the only people who really have freedom of speech in this country are anyone who is not a member of any kind of majority. If you're white and conservative, you pretty much can't open your mouth. It bugs me that people have to apologize all the time, I mean you do have freedom of speech in this country or at least you are supposed to have. The way I always understood it when I was a kid is that you could pretty much do and say whatever you wanted to as long as you stopped short of taking away someone else's civil rights. That was it, you didn't worry about hurting feelings, you didn't worry about any of that shit because you were allowed to. And these stupid people who scream for apologies are the same ones saying that the President is Big Brother, and they don't even realize that it's this sort of political correctness that is bringing about 1984 in a big way. One of the biggest things in 1984 was double think, meaning that you have to think twice before you say anything for fear you will offend big brother or others pretty much. I don't know how to go on here, I just get pissed off when people scream for apologies and I think I get even more pissed off when the other people give them. If I were to get famous I would try and scream lots of racial and offending epithets until I was no longer famous. It just grinds my gears. Don't be a pussy. You said something, so fucking what, no big deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until I'm 80 years old and get to say whatever I want. Because when an old bastard rattles off something inappropriate, we usually say "aw, he's old, ignore him."