Friday, March 23, 2007

The Simpsons


The creators of the Simpsons have gotten a bit preachy in their stance against Bush and the war in Iraq. I watch shows like the Simpsons to be entertained not to be lectured. I can hear political bullshit everywhere else. Hell, there was a guy with an Impeach Cheney sandwich board standing outside the post office today. I liked the Simpsons when it was pure nonsense. It made me laugh out loud. Now I just get disgusted whenever the writers feel they need to make a political statement. It has gotten so bad that I don't watch any of the new ones anymore. I'm hoping that they will go back to the way they used to be and that someone will tell me when that happens so I can continue watching again. On a more selfish note, if they decide to kill off annoying Marge and meddlesome Lisa, then that would be a bonus. In the meanwhile, I'm watching Family Guy.

1 comment:

Furiousitron 5000 said...

Agreed, I'm sick of the bullshit that goes on in the simpsons, the damn show used to be hilarious, but now I cringe when I watch because I know Homer's next joke may very well be a slam against the government, the president, the war, or the military. I'm sick of it, god dammit. I'm even at the point where I'm hoping that this movie really does end the stupid show and I never see it again. You see that Groening, The Simpsons have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, I've been watching them from day 1 and still remember the unbelievable thursday to sunday night switch, and yet I'm willing to stop watching a show that has brought me joy over many years because you can't keep your fucking soapbox brain out of it and leave the humor in. Fag.